Wednesday, July 30, 2014

July Favourites



Hey Guys. So once again it's the end of the month (where is the time going). I've been doing some brainstorming and I've been thinking about a few new ideas for the blog. One of the ideas was to do a "monthly favourites" feature where at the end of each month I let you guys know about the products that I found most useful. Whether it be beauty products, skincare, food, books or kids stuff. I'm really excited about this new feature on the blog because, well, I'm a bit of a product junkie.

So let's jump right in shall we?


July Favourites


So this little guy came in my May Ipsy bag and it's been a life saver. It's a healing cover up which means that it helps promote healing while covering up those not-so-nice spots. It contains vitamin E, aloe, camomile, green tea & tea tree oil. I was actually shocked when I checked out their website to find out that this was the full size product and regularly priced at $19.99 (that's more than the cost of the entire Ipsy bag!) Apparently my skin still thinks I'm a teenager and likes to surprise me, more often than not, with a few spots now and again. This concealer has done an amazing job hiding the imperfections. You can find out more about it Here
If you're interested in learning more about Ipsy, you can find more information here





I have to admit, I have a bit of a body wash addiction. I've come to realize this lately. If it smells good, I probably have it or have tried it at one point or another. I love the smell of this yogurt shower smoothie body wash from Bath & Body works. It's fruity and perfect for summer and the texture kind of reminds me of greek yogurt (or maybe that's just because I get hungry every time I use it). It creates a nice lather and you smell incredible stepping out of the shower. 




Obsessed doesn't even begin to describe the relationship I have with this cookbook. That's right, I have a relationship with a book. We've become quite attached. This book was given to me as a gift by my awesome sister-in-law for my birthday in June. It kind of sat on the shelf for a few weeks collecting dust, until one day some little fingers found it and pulled it down. I decided to give it a look through, and since that moment, I haven't looked back. I LOVE this cookbook. Now, I'm not a vegan - I loves me some cheese. But the recipes in this book do not scream vegan. They're easy to follow, simple and most importantly, delicious. I had to make a few substitutions in my pantry (coconut sugar, brown rice syrup, etc) and my house has never seen the insane amount of nuts that currently line my pantry shelves - But once you have those few staples, you can make quite a few of the recipes in this cookbook.
 Let me tell you a story. My husband hates lasagna (he's a weirdo). He liked the lasagna I made from this cookbook. Hallellujah, Andrew likes lasagna!! (okay it's a really short story). He is a meat eater through and through and he has actually enjoyed every recipe I've made from this cookbook.
Note: If you want to check out more of Angela's recipes you can check out her blog here 





Funny story. I put these bunnies on the counter so I could take a picture of them for this blog. I turn around for one second to grab something, turn back, bunnies are gone. But I do catch a glimpse of a pink bunny backpack racing around the corner to the living room. Man that kid is fast and man does she love these bunnies. Granted, they're still not the best snack (oooooobviously fruits, veggies or anything made by my own two hands would be a better choice), but as a quick snack on the go these are a decent choice.  




Oh boy. My mouth is watering just looking at this picture. Unfortunately I finished this bag earlier today and am now going through withdrawal. I first came across this brand at our local Whole Foods. It was their Apple Crumble granola with green apple, cinnamon and pecan that first caught my eye. It killed me to pay almost $10 for it but I just HAD to try it and boy was it worth it. Fast forward a week or two and I'm browsing through a different grocery store and that's when I spot it. "Oh good god there's a dark chocolate and berries granola and it's almost half the price". I have to say I pretty much love every flavour of the Love Crunch organic granola that I've tried so far. I'm still on the hunt for their other flavours. I will say that I will never buy it from Whole Foods again - unless of course whole foods becomes the sole retailer for this delicious granola goodness. Unfortunately, this isn't something that I buy too often. It's a small bag and you'll be lucky if you get 4 servings out of it (I usually have about 3/4 cup of this cereal at a time, although I have been tempted to just eat the whole bag). Besides being delicious, for every bag you buy Natures path donates the equivalent in money and organic food to food banks.

 If you want to learn more, check out their website



Alright guys, well that's my favourites for the month of July. I hope you enjoyed and let me know if this is something you'd be interested in seeing more of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment