Saturday, July 12, 2014

At Home Ice Coffee

Delicious Ice Coffee

I'm not usually the type of person that gets up every morning and has to have a cup of coffee. Sure I enjoy the occasional cup, but I don't need it. However, I absolutely love drinking that creamy, delicious ice coffee in the summer. I've been meaning to try making my own at home for pretty much ever, but kept forgetting. 

Until recently.

 Let's just say we've been drinking quite a bit of ice coffee this past week.


 Here's what I do:

  I add 4 scoops of whichever brand of coffee we have in the house at that time to our french press. Add your boiling water to the very top of the press and stir. Now I don't have a specific amount of time that I let the coffee sit for, but I can tell you it's usually between 2-4 hours (at least long enough for the coffee to cool to room temperature). At some point halfway through the 2-4 hours I usually push the coffee grinds down to the bottom of the press (you want the coffee to be strong because the ice will water it down a bit). Then I add a generous amount of ice to my pitcher and once the allotted wait time is up, I pour the coffee over the ice add about 1/2 cup of cream and splash of vanilla extract. This makes enough for 2, maybe 3 people depending on how big your glasses are (my glass is usually pretty big).

 There's a bit of ice coffee in the fridge that was left over from this morning and it's been calling my name for the past hour or so. Unfortunately, it's pretty late and when I'm unable to sleep at 1am, I know I'll regret giving in to the temptation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment