Monday, June 30, 2014

It's Summertime!




Woo-Hoo!!!

It's finally summertime and you know what that means...

B.B.Q's, backyard get togethers, the beach, pool parties and just a sense of all around happiness! 

This past weekend was the start of our Canada day celebrations. Canada day falls on a tuesday this year so a lot of people will not be getting that glorious long weekend - but it's still a time to celebrate with friends and family and that's exactly what we did this weekend. We had our first B.B.Q of the season.

 For the meat eaters my husband made some delicious pulled pork and sausages (his pulled pork almost makes me want to become a meatasaurus again). For us non meat eaters we had a variety of options. I made my Mexican Style Quinoa Casserole with fried naan chips which was a hit and my mother-in-law made her families German Potato Salad (cue mouth watering).

Strawberry, Orange and Mint infused water

It seems to be getting increasingly more difficult to get everyone together, so I really enjoy the few times we're able to. You can be sure that I will be planning at least one more BBQ before the summer is over.





The next day was HOT! 
We bought a pool for Little Chicken this summer since both her and I love the water. I decided that it was the perfect day to take it out and try to cool off from the heat. As much as I complained about going out in the winter (having to put on boots and snow pants and mitts and hats), getting sunscreen on a squirming toddler is a pain in the butt. But finally, after a game of catch the kiddo, we were all sun screened up and ready to go.





"Look Mama...Fishies"



Silly girl





Enjoy your summer 


No comments:

Post a Comment