Thursday, June 12, 2014

Dollar Store Canvas Art


So while my husbands been away for work this past week, I have gone DIY crazy. I like to find things to do to occupy my time (besides the usual cleaning, organizing and entertaining Little Chicken) while he's away. So the other day, Little Chicken and I took a trip to the dollar store to see what we could find.

This is what we left with:

  • Several different colours of Crafters Acrylic paint ($1 each)
  • 8x10 white canvas x 4 ($1.25 each)
  • Foam Brushes ($1)
  • Painters tape (I think this was $1.25)


 This is super simple to do and doesn't take a lot of time. 

Place a few pieces of painters tape around the canvas, creating whatever pattern you like. Choose a few different colours (I used Bright Yellow, Tropical Blue and Silver Morning) and begin to fill in the different areas of the canvas. I had to do about 3 coats of each to get decent coverage. Wait for the paint to dry and peel off the tape. Simple as that!

 So for around $5-$6 you can make your very own canvas art.

No comments:

Post a Comment