Sunday, June 29, 2014

Cardboard letter art


I've been on the hunt for some nice letter art to jazz up some empty spaces around the house - but there is no way I am spending what they want on one letter. So in true Christina fashion I decided to try and make them myself, and it turned out to be so simple and it didn't cost me anything (I already had everything I needed at home). 


What you need:
  • Cardboard (I just took a box that was supposed to go out in recycling)
  • Fabric (You can pick up small pieces from walmart for $3-$5)
  • Mod Podge
  • Stuffing
  • Ruler, Pencil and Scissors


The only supplies you need







Using the ruler and pencil, sketch out the letter of your choice and cut it out. Place your square piece of fabric underneath, grab the sides and start folding them over and gluing them in place with the Mod Podge. Make a cut in the areas where you need to fold the fabric over two different sections. Leave an area or two at the top of your letter for stuffing (I let the mod podge dry for a little while before stuffing). 



Seal the remainder of your letter with Mod Podge and allow to dry. 

I plan on making a few more of these for above Little Chickens bed - I just need to find the perfect fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment